Hey guys! I don’t know about y’all, but I use any excuse to get crafty and Pinterest is my go-to place for inspo!
My friend Natalie’s 22nd birthday was coming up, “tropic-themed” so we thought this hula hoop wreath would be a fun twist on the typical photo wall. We were both super excited with how it turned out so I thought I’d share it with you.
Materials cost under $25 and it only took us about an hour to make it.
What you’ll need:
- 1 hula hoop
- ribbon (we used a decorative tool to wrap around the hoop. You can also use spray paint)
- multicolor balloons
- floral / flowers / greenery
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- Take your hula hoop and either spray paint or wrap it in ribbon to cover the pattern
- Blow up your balloons to various sizes (small, medium, large)
- Lay out your design, I suggest placing the balloon clusters on opposite sides diagonal from each other for balance
- Cut the stems off your flowers and greenery if you prefer to leave them you can wrap them around the hoop
- Begin hot gluing your flowers and greenery to fill in the blank space of the hoop- don’t worry there is no wrong way!
- Tie or hot glue (on low heat) the balloons to the wreath
- Lastly, let dry and TA-DA you’re done!
Here is a video to give you a visual of how to make one.
If you give them a try I’d love to see them. Feel free to comment, email, or DM @sisterlyblondes.
Cheers & Happy Birthday to you Nat <3
Pingback: Awesome DIY Hula Hoop Wreaths - DIY & Crafts | A Matter Of Style on July 1, 2018